All four of the “When Life Gives You Lemons” post on our website are among our top posts. They get hundreds of views each month from search engines and we want to offer readers something a little bit more.
With that in mind, we are putting together a devotional for Christian women that they can open each day to be reminded that when life gives you lemons, it doesn’t have to sour your day. Instead, you can make sweet lemonade with Jesus. And we would love to invite you to be part of it.
Submissions are now open.
The deadline for submissions is July 15th, 2023
- Your devotional should be roughly 300 words.
- It should start with a Bible verse and end with a prayer.
- Please note the translation of any and all Bible verses used in your devotional.
- The focus of your devotional should be about a time when life gave you lemons and how Jesus helped you through it, but it should also end with a lesson those reading it can relate to (preferably something about lemons).
- It should be written in a conversational tone (not teaching or preachy).
- Your submission should be original and not previously published.
You can see a sample devotion below.
If you have any questions, contact me here.
Submission does not guarantee publication.
Thanks for helping impact the lives of women across the globe by your willingness to share your words.
Founder of CandidlyChristian.com
If your submission is accepted and published, you understand and agree to the following:
- By submitting a devotional, you are stating that you are the original author of the work and own the publishing rights.
- You grant Heather Hart the right to edit and format your submission for clarity and project consistency.
- You are granting Heather Hart exclusive publishing and distribution rights of your submission. This includes (but is not limited to) print, digital, and audio format. (This book will be part of the KDP Select program which requires exclusivity of its content.)
While contributing authors don’t earn royalties and are not paid for their submission to this anthology, they will be able to order paperback copies of the anthology at a reduced price to sell at speaking engagements, book signings, locally, or to give away.
Submit Your Devotional
If you submit your story for this devotional, you will be notified if your submission has been accepted within a month after the submission period closes.
The Benefits of Contributing To An Anthology
If you have never contributed to an anthology before, they can be a huge benefit to you as an author. Some of the benefits include:
- Name Recognition – While your name may not appear on the cover, you can add it to your Amazon Author page. Your name will also appear on the page with your devotion, and your author bio will be in the back of the book. The more often people see your name, the more they will come to know you as an author and be more willing to spend money to buy your books.
- Introduces Your Writing To New Readers – Along with that exposure comes new readers reading your writing. It’s not just your name, it’s like a free advertisement for your other books.
- No Publishing or Marketing Costs – Heather Hart, the founder of Candidly Christian is fronting all the costs of publishing this book. She will take care of the publishing, formatting, editing, marketing, everything. All you have to do is write a devotion and it will be published for you.
- A Whole Team Working With You – When you have a dozen authors working together to market a book, it usually gets pretty awesome exposure. This is highest during the book launch when all the authors work together and readers are trying to figure out who everyone is. But a book is a gift that keeps on giving – to both the readers and the authors.
- And More – There have been whole blog posts written about the benefits of contributing to anthologies. I know I haven’t covered all of them, but you get the idea.