Are you interested in being featured on Candidly Christian?
We love hosting other Christian women on our website, however we do have a few guidelines we ask our guests to follow. We’ll get to those in a moment, but first, we think it’s important for you to know why we write.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news. Who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness,Isaiah 52:7
who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns.’
Why We Write
We want you, Christian woman, to know that you are not alone. You belong with us. Even if you feel like an impostor, you’re not. If Jesus has made His home in your heart, He has made a place for you in ours. We all struggle, but (as Laura wrote) Jesus is the answer. It is our hope that every post on our website is written from a point of open honesty about life as a Christian woman living in today’s world.
Click here for a summary of our beliefs.Candidly Christian is accepting guest bloggers Click To Tweet
Guest Post Guidelines
Write for Our Target Audience
Our target audience isn’t so much one person, as a group of friends. We want to reach Suzy the homeschool mom with eight children, her best friend Tabitha who enrolled her only child in public school, and her niece, Lexi who just got engaged. We want to reach the woman who works from 9-5, the stay-at-home mom, and waitress working the night shift. Why? Because it doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, if you are a Christian, we are your sisters.
The women in our target audience are the ones who feel like they don’t always measure up. They love Jesus, but they don’t always feel like they are the perfect representation of the Proverbs 31 woman. And we want them to know that they are not alone. They belong with us, you belong with us, even if you feel like an impostor, you’re not. If Jesus has made His home in your heart, He has made a place for you in ours.
Even though we do keyword research and optimize our posts, we do not write for search engines, we write for Christian women. We believe it is more important to reach hearts than page one of the Google results. And we trust that God will bring the women to our website who need to here.
Relate, Don’t Teach
It is very important to us that when women come to our site, they leave encouraged. We aren’t here to lecture our readers or tell them how to live their life. We want to come along side other women and walk through life together. We all have our own struggles, but together, in Christ, we are united.
We ask that each post includes a personal struggle and some type of encouragement. You can share 3 keys to living on purpose, as long as you open with a struggle you have had, or how God has grown you in this area. This is huge, I reject, or request rewrites, on posts that are not personal / relational in nature, or that are more preachy than encouraging.
Content Must Be Original & Exclusive
We ask that posts are roughly 500 – 1,000 words and original content that is published exclusively on Candidly Christian for at least 90 days. It will remain on Candidly Christian for the life of the site, but after 90 days you can share your content elsewhere if you so desire. Just know that Google will ding sites for duplicate content, so you may want to change your post title, opening paragraph, and make some other minor changes. We would also appreciate it if you would link back to us and note that it was originally published on our site.
Engage & Share
If accepted, all guest bloggers are required to share their post on Candidly Christian with their following and check in to respond to comments. Comments usually come in pretty steady over the first week. If you could check in once or twice during the first couple of days and then again after a week, it would be appreciated. Also be willing to share the post with your following. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post, tweet, and share about it as well as retweet and share another post or two from our website.
- Use block formatting (do not indent, or manually add a line break between paragraphs)
- Add emphasis with bold or italics, do not underline or use all caps.
- All pronouns referring to God should be capitalized.
- Bible should be capitalized.
- You are not required to include a Bible verse, but your faith should be evident.
Submit Your Application
Fill out the form below to be featured on Candidly Christian.
Before submitting a post, ask yourself the following questions
- Is this post preachy, or am I relating to the readers about a personal struggle?
- If people read this post, will it point them to Jesus?
- Did I give them a reason to comment or share?
If you have a specific date you want your post to be published, please indicate that in the comments section of the form. Please know that our blog schedule fills up quickly. If you are looking for a specific date, please try to request in 2-3 months in advance.
Please note, not all submissions are accepted. Acceptance is based on availability and proposed content.
After you submit pitch, you should hear back from us in 1-3 business days. We will let you know at that time if your idea is accepted. After we receive your finished post, we will let you know the date it will be posted as well as if any changes need to be made.
*Note: If you are interested in becoming a regular contributor to Candidly Christian, and have already contributed a guest post, click here.Are you a Christian blogger? Candidly Christian is accepting guest bloggers. Click To Tweet
Looking For Something To Write About?
Christian women want to know they aren’t alone in their struggles. If you struggle in one of the following areas, not only are you not alone, our audience would love to hear from you.
How do we know?
We do our research.
We check what search terms refer traffic to our website and what search terms Christian women are looking for online. When you write a post for our website, we will make sure it gets seen by the women who are looking for it.
Scripture List Series
We are still looking for a couple more bloggers to contribute to our Scripture list blog post series. You can sign up here.
Note: Even with these recommended topics, please remember they need to be something you can relate to personally. If it’s not something you identify with, please leave it for someone else. Your writing should be conversational/relatable, not written like a Bible study.
Do you struggle with…
- Anger Issues
- Christmas Cheer
- Overcoming Church Hurt
- Dealing With Failure As A Christian
- Failing To Look Like Jesus
- Do You Ever Feel Like You Don’t Belong?
- Health Anxiety and God?
- Prayer journaling.
- Scriptures to pray over an unsaved friend.
- Fight your battle on your knees.
- Becoming a prayer warrior.
- Prayers for my pastor.
- How to pray for your friends.
- Prayer journal end of the year questions.
- I don’t want to feel bored during prayers.
- Digging deep in prayer.
Other topics you might consider…
- When Christians are hateful…
- How to count your blessings.
- Rejoicing in the midst of failure.
- Stepping out in faith vs. testing God.
- How is faith lived out through works?
- Scripture for when your faith is shaken.
- God is doing a new thing.
- Nothing can heal if you don’t deal with it…
- Truth after abortion.
- The best way to heal hurt…
- When our hearts are hurting…
- What do we get out of Leviticus?
- How to avoid the road to divorce with Jesus.
- Is it a spiritual calling to be submissive?
- One word for the new year.
- How to overcome offense and stress as a Christian woman.
- What to do if my family is unsaved…
- Thankful in your season with God.
- When your kids don’t honor you on Mother’s Day.
- Bible verses to combat Satan.
- When life hands you lemons.
- The whitewashing of Christianity.
- Your wilderness is not permanent.
- What is the greatest need right now for women’s ministry?